xfce-weather-plugin stopped working

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Nov 5 19:02:11 UTC 2011

Johannes Lips wrote:
> http://developer.yahoo.com/weather/
> is this perhaps an alternative? Perhaps we could collect weather
> services and then choose the service which makes it easiest to port the
> plugin.

The KDE Plasma weather widget, which prides itself on only using sources
whose usage in this context was allowed by the data provider, supports the
following sources:
* BBC (data from the UK Meteorological Office, international)
* Environment Canada (Canada only)
* NOAA (international, but no forecasts)
* wetter.com (international, note that this is NOT weather.com)
(and the "Debian weather" which reports how broken Debian unstable currently
is using the weather metaphor, LOL, I guess we could use something like that
for Rawhide as well ;-) ).

If you want to comply with the ToS, some sources may have some specific
requirements for use of their service. In particular, the BBC wants itself
and the UK MET Office to be credited with a link, which is why that credit
link below the forecasts got added to the widget.

        Kevin Kofler