F17 heads up: gnome-shell for everyone!

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:11:07 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Details of rawhide builds for them here[1], the XO-1 build isn't
> tested but the XO 1.5 one works fine, I'll be testing further and
> likely the next build I do I'll add all the components to test the
> llvmpipe feature on them.
>
> [1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/olpc/2011-November/003005.html

Yep -- Peter put together a rawhide build last night. If you need a
hand to run through the installation steps,

In case you're a bit rusty on the installation steps

 - XO-1.5: you need the .zd or .zd4 file. Put it on a FAT formatted
USB and from OFW's "ok" prompt run "fs-update u:\osNN.zd4"

 - XO-1: you need the .onu and .uim files, and the OFW command to
flash is: update-nand u:\osNN.onu

Once you're on that image, you can probably yum update on rawhide.

>> For now let's say yes, but that's more like implementation detail than
>> fundamental property.  Clutter'd be perfectly happy atop a GLES
>> renderer, we just don't have that wired up.

Ok -- that doesn't sound so terrible. Are there concrete plans to wire it up?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions