Bug 750566 - qtparted won't install because it is from F15 and requires libparted.so.0, and F16 has libparted.so.1

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 02:29:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 12:59 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Przemek Klosowski wrote:
> > Given that neither Anaconda nor parted/qtparted worked, is there an
> > alternative workflow for dual-boot installing with pre-existing OS?
> > I finished the install by going back into Windows, and shrinking their
> > partition from within Windows.
>
> Maybe give RC4 a shot? The RC4 test matrix has two people signing off on
> shrink support as working.

it's a very messy area, just because it worked for two people doesn't
mean it would for any other given config.

The correct answer to 'what should I use to resize my partitions' is
usually 'whatever the hell works', in my experience. =) I'd probably use
one of those dedicated rescue CDs, actually.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey