Fesco membership policies

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon Nov 14 16:15:05 UTC 2011

Something that was brought up at the last fesco meeting is that
fesco membership is currently restricted to members of the packaging
group. That's arguably overly restrictive - fesco is intended to be the
body with technical oversight over the entire project, not merely
packaging, and in that situation it seems odd to restrict membership to
a subset of the people under fesco's pervue.

There's a few things we can do here. We can keep the status quo. We can
add new groups such as qa. Or we can open it to the entire project and
just assume that the electorate will ensure that nobody inappropriate
gets elected.

Anyone have opinions on what we should be doing here?
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org