Fedora clean up process seems to be seriously broken...

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Nov 21 22:38:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 22:22:56 +0000,
  "\"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson\"" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well comes logically to me that at least the maintainer would be
> stripped of those packages he is ignoring.

That doesn't help. It is reasonable to orphan a package that isn't being
adequately maintained, but removing the ability for someone to help
maintain it doesn't make sense. It isn't like people are being paid based
on how many packages they maintain, so that preventing them from helping
is a punishment.

What would really help is getting more people maintaining packages.