Fedora clean up process seems to be seriously broken...

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 11:57:24 UTC 2011

On 11/22/2011 09:40 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 11/22/2011 04:51 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> On 11/21/2011 10:50 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>> I understand this thread as a comment on improving the detection of
>>> inactive maintainers and unmaintained packages.
>> It is indeed intended as such.
> I would recommend you stop this thread at this point and write up a
> concrete proposal and submit it to FESCo and/or help with scripts that
> automate the detection of potentially unmaintained packages.  I would
> also recommend that you become a package maintainer so that you are
> aware of the other side and understand the problem areas better.

First of all why do I need to come up with a concrete proposal to FESCO
why dont they come up with something to try to improve the distribution.

Does that governing body only exist to say yay or nay to others proposals?

Secondly the only reason I don't maintain packages within the
distribution is because I'm fully aware that I dont have time in doing so.

So instead of me working under the illusion that I can resulting in me
half ass maintaining stuff at best I rather choose not, to cause I know
for a fact that nobody gains anything from it infact I would just be
signing up to become the part of the problem not the solution if I did.

And I'm already fully aware of the other side given that I receive every
bug filed at systemd and I also can tell you that of each of ca 8 of 10
bugs filed there the reporter should be filing against relevant
component containing their unit files as opposed to systemd itself. (
Apparently if anything fails at bootup it's systemd's fault )

I am giving what I can when I can, to contribute the distribution and my
actions there speak well enough for themselves and will continue to do so.

My first and foremost priority is to get the migration process over
with.....

JBG