F-16 suspends my *desktop* after 30 minutes at the gdm , making it impossible to ssh in

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 11:33:13 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
>  And I can honestly say I've never seen a
> desktop machine where suspend worked with Linux, so suspending desktop
> machines by default seems like a bad idea.

I don't get where this is coming from, suspend has pretty much always
worked on my desktop machines (ignoring one DMAR bug that got fixed a
while ago).

You have a point though about the AC thing and idle suspend (I didn't
even know that gdm does this), but the "suspend does not work on
desktop" argument is simply not true (it might be broken for some but
that is no different from laptops really, it should be fixed at the
kernel side).