Fwd: TFTP stopped working on F14

Aaron Gray aaronngray.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 17:00:43 UTC 2011

Reply inline :-

2011/10/7 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com>

>  On 10/07/2011 03:38 PM, Aaron Gray wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>  I think this is a development problem. I have tried everything obvious to
> get TFTP to work on F14 but to no avail. Could some one in the know look in
> to this please.
>
>  I have tftp -server working on F14 and have done PXE Instillations using
> it. Since then I have done a yum update and ever since then have not been
> able to get it to work.
>

> Well you can run yum downgrade on the updates that you performed to nail
> down the one that potentially broke it.
>

>  Below in the two posts are what I have tried, as far as I can see it is
> exhaustive.
>
>  Many thanks in advance,
>

> Well posts or not here is a quick debugging guide for tftp which should
> tell you what's going on and note that using ip-aliase are broken in tftp as
> it seem to be in (x)inetd based services in general...
>
> Run
>
> #tcpdump port 69 -v
>
> #touch /var/lib/tftpboot/my-test-file.txt
> #chmod 777 /var/lib/tftpboot/my-test-file.txt
>
> #tftp $IP
> tftp> status
> tftp> trace
> tftp> verbose
> tftp> put my-test-file.txt ( or get my-test-file.txt )
> tftp> quit

tftp> get my-test-file.txt
getting from localhost:my-test-file.txt to my-test-file.txt [netascii]
sent RRQ <file=my-test-file.txt, mode=netascii>
sent RRQ <file=my-test-file.txt, mode=netascii>
sent RRQ <file=my-test-file.txt, mode=netascii>
sent RRQ <file=my-test-file.txt, mode=netascii>
sent RRQ <file=my-test-file.txt, mode=netascii>
Transfer timed out.

tftp> put my-test-file-put.txt
putting my-test-file-put.txt to localhost:my-test-file-put.txt [netascii]
sent WRQ <file=my-test-file-put.txt, mode=netascii>
sent WRQ <file=my-test-file-put.txt, mode=netascii>
sent WRQ <file=my-test-file-put.txt, mode=netascii>
sent WRQ <file=my-test-file-put.txt, mode=netascii>
sent WRQ <file=my-test-file-put.txt, mode=netascii>
Transfer timed out.

In both cases :-

    0 packets captured
    0 packets received by filter