PA 1.0 for FC16?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Oct 8 19:40:05 UTC 2011

On Sat, 08 Oct 2011 14:14:50 -0500
Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:

> On 10/08/2011 01:15 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > If Ubuntu is doing a better job than us of shipping an updated
> > version of OUR OWN FEATURE, we're failing very badly.
> >
> > What happened to "First" in the 4 'F's?
> >
> > Our objectives are NOT to deliver current software only 6+ months
> > after the competition.
>
> Create a FESCO ticket and get it brought up in a meeting.

I'd personally like to see more discussion/convincing of the
maintainers before asking FESCo.

On the pro side we have:

- Wine needs it.

On the con side we have:

- Lots of changes? (I have no idea).
- High chance for regression? or is this mostly just bugfixes?

Perhaps maintainer(s) could explain why they are reluctant to push this
into f16 with more specificity?

kevin