retire referencer in Fedora 16+ ?

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 11:17:45 UTC 2011

On 10/21/2011 09:37 PM, Alex Lancaster wrote:
> There is a branch that was started back in February to port to gio
> and away from libgnomemm:
>
> http://icculus.org/pipermail/referencer/2011-February/000534.html
>
> There was a commit to it in August, but looks the mm dep is still there
> in the configure.ac:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~referencer-devs/referencer/amrlima_gio_port

Yep, looks like it's still using libgnomeuimm.

> Since I haven't had any responses on my launchpad bug report, I'm
> going to reluctantly agree that we'll have to retire this package.
> If development does restart, we can always revive the package.

My sentiments exactly. Better not to keep known broken packages around;
it's only going to cause grief for users if they find out they can't
even install the package.

Once it's fixed upstream to not rely on libgnomeuimm, it can easily be
added back to Fedora.

Alex, could you please follow the End of Life procedure to get it
removed from F16+?
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife

--
Thanks,