submitters +1ing their own packages

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 01:09:03 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 05:02:25PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
>> I've mentioned before that I actually support this, but I'm in the
>> minority, and AFAIK the current policy is supposed to be that
>> maintainers cannot upkarma updates they submitted themselves. However,
>> this seems to be happening - exhibit a):
>>
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/nss-3.12.10-7.fc16
>>
>> karma is listed as 1, the only positive feedback shown as I write this
>> is from kengert, who submitted the update.
>>
>> Is this a Bodhi bug? Or does FESCo expect voluntary compliance /
>> case-by-case enforcement of this policy?
>
> sometimes a +1 after weeks in testing is the only or at least easy way to
> nudge a package into stable.
>
> e.g: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libXi-1.4.3-2.fc15
> even with my +1 still not there, and this isn't the only package I've done
> this for.

Do you mean if you don't want to wait for a week in testing? Or is
you're package not aging out for some reason?

I own several (new) packages that are not really used yet (building
blocks for other packages) and I didn't feel right about +1 my own
packages so I just end up leaving them in testing until they can be
pushed to stable...

Richard