submitters +1ing their own packages

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Wed Sep 7 01:38:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 08:09:03PM -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 05:02:25PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >> I've mentioned before that I actually support this, but I'm in the
> >> minority, and AFAIK the current policy is supposed to be that
> >> maintainers cannot upkarma updates they submitted themselves. However,
> >> this seems to be happening - exhibit a):
> >>
> >> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/nss-3.12.10-7.fc16
> >>
> >> karma is listed as 1, the only positive feedback shown as I write this
> >> is from kengert, who submitted the update.
> >>
> >> Is this a Bodhi bug? Or does FESCo expect voluntary compliance /
> >> case-by-case enforcement of this policy?
> >
> > sometimes a +1 after weeks in testing is the only or at least easy way to
> > nudge a package into stable.
> >
> > e.g: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libXi-1.4.3-2.fc15
> > even with my +1 still not there, and this isn't the only package I've done
> > this for.
>
> Do you mean if you don't want to wait for a week in testing? Or is
> you're package not aging out for some reason?

I do it once the old_testing emails start getting too annoying.
With the exception of evtest, I think all the packages I own are critical
path so even after that timeout I can't push without proventester ack.

in a few cases, I had provenpackager +1 but no other tester and we seem to
need both (?) to get it to stable.

Cheers,
  Peter