submitters +1ing their own packages

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 19:15:56 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 18:38 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 7 September 2011 01:02, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Is this a Bodhi bug? Or does FESCo expect voluntary compliance /
> > case-by-case enforcement of this policy?
>
> I'm guilty of this too; when I file an update that's not getting
> enough karma (after a few weeks) then I give it a spin in a *fresh* VM
> and test it out like any normal user would do. If this is wrong,
> consider my wrists slapped, but otherwise I think it makes sense and
> gets things moving.

It's against the current policy. I've argued along the same lines as you
in past threads on this list, but I was on the minority side of the
debate at the time, it seemed; more people were worried that maintainers
would +1 their updates without bothering to test them properly.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey