Kudos to Tom "Spot" Callaway

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Sep 12 21:41:36 UTC 2011

> On 09/10/2011 12:15 PM, drago01 wrote:
> > Well it seems upstream isn't really interested in fixing this so if we
> > want chromium in fedora we'd have to ask FESCo for an exception.
>
> I agree with that.  If Spot is going to maintain it anyway,  it might as
> well as be in the repository and more accessible to end users with
> better security

I disagree. It being in the repository rather implies that it meets
Fedora's packaging standards, which it very clearly and egregiously does
not. Being in a third party repo makes it clear that it does not.

Given that it's not a particularly vital package, since we have the
somewhat more 'correct' Firefox, I don't think it's necessary to suspend
our packaging standards to accept this kind of crappy code into Fedora.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey