Kudos to Tom "Spot" Callaway

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Mon Sep 12 22:15:31 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 02:41:36PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

> Given that it's not a particularly vital package, since we have the
> somewhat more 'correct' Firefox, I don't think it's necessary to suspend
> our packaging standards to accept this kind of crappy code into Fedora.

Well, I understand the Fedora policy and the problems with packages
that do not conform to it, but I just want to emphasize that Chrome
in some situations can be seen as a vital package.

I just started to use it myself and it is in some situations *so much*
faster than Firefox (on low-mem netbooks, for example), that I'm *very*
glad to have Spot's packages.  Looking at Google's Chrome RPM, I would
definitely refuse to install it on any system.

So, Spot's repository is vital for me and other Chrome users and I
hope to see it eventually in Fedora.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>