openssh: no pre-release sanity check? [Re: ssh-to-rawhide hangs

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Sep 12 21:52:32 UTC 2011

> On 09/12/2011 04:03 PM, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > I haven't read the whole thread, but I also feel the rate of AutoQA development is slow. Unfortunately I don't know how to improve that, since there are just a few people working on it and they are also participating in release validation testing, test days and other QA activities.
>
> I am thankful for what AutoQA has already been able to accomplish.  It
> has caught quite a few dependency breakages already and while I would
> like to see more (automatically unpush packages,  block packages which
> have such breakages etc),  it does serve a useful purpose now.   What
> would be useful is more visibility into the roadmap and timeline.

AutoQA's a very transparent project, if you subscribe to the
autoqa-devel mailing list. They do all their goal-setting on that list
and in occasional public IRC meetings.

For e.g., here's the discussion about what to do in 0.7:

https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/autoqa-devel/2011-August/002751.html

all the work on AutoQA is tracked in trac, and the tickets are
associated with appropriate milestones, so you can go to:

https://fedorahosted.org/autoqa/report/3

(active tickets by milestone) to see all the concrete things planned for
AutoQA, and get an idea of their current prioritization. (and get a feel
for all the stuff that still needs doing...)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey