[systemd-devel] question

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Tue Sep 13 21:29:23 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 23:15 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 13.09.2011 21:41, schrieb Sérgio Basto:
> > thanks for this information , could I update systemd to systemd-35 in
> > Fedora 15 with rebuilding the src.rpm , I don't get in trouble ? or we
> > have some restrictions ?
> >
> > I we don't have restriction why systemd Fedora packager don't update
> > them on Fedora 15?
>
> because they tend to throw out a dist-upgrade with unfinished replacements
> and do not care about bring improvements to the users because they can
> jump to the next dist-upgrade and hope that no other subsystem is
> replaced with a public beta
>
> systemd-26-9.fc15
> systemd-35-1.fc16
>
> this is a bad joke in the middle of life-cycle and would be only acceptable if
> F15 and it's version of sytemd would have been perfect but it was not

I know examples of jumps in middle of a life-cycle like kernel 38 -> 40
Networkmanager to 0.9 and we leave happy with it. I will give more
examples to not personalize the issue, kde for example and many others
(hopefully).
Mirco Tischler said "I used the systemd packages from f16 on a f15
system and they worked just fine for me."

So Fedora guys what you are waiting for ? update systemd please , should
I open a report in bugzilla ?

Thanks,

--
Sérgio M. B.