GNOME 3 - font point sizes now scaled?

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Sep 30 12:14:26 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Sounds to me like your F14 is using correct DPI while your F16 is forced to
> 96. Does your F14 have /etc/X11/xorg.conf file or a non-empty
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/?

Bad DPI could certainly be a cause. However, xdpyinfo reports the
correct value (201) on both platforms.

We use a config file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d which specifies
DisplaySize - needed for the correct DPI value to be computed.

> Can you try opening Firefox 3.x with hidden (about:config) pref
> layout.css.dpi set to 0, and again set to 201, and loading
> http://fm.no-ip.com/Auth/dpi-screen-window.html to see what DPI it reports?
> Same in Konqueror? (other/newer browsers lock to 96).

Sure, I'll try this.
Do I run these tests on F14 or F16?
(do you really mean Firefox 3.x?)

cheers