Mozilla plugins packaging [Re: SELinuxDenyPtrace: Write, compile, run, but don't debug applications?]

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Mon Apr 9 14:06:59 UTC 2012

On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 19:02:31 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> I like the idea to disallow this for say firefox plugins or httpd cgi
> scripts,

Wouldn't it be better to package Mozilla plugins in Fedora so that they are
trusted?  And then disable Firefox plugins downloads the same way as there is
Firefox updater disabled (--disable-updater) as it would conflict/duplicate
the rpm packaging of Firefox anyway.

(I have here some undebugged packaging of mozilla-remember-passwords so that
I already tried to participate.)

Otherwise <some flames about proprietary maze with no way out>.

Thanks,
Jan