Mozilla plugins packaging [Re: SELinuxDenyPtrace: Write, compile, run, but don't debug applications?]

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 07:11:08 UTC 2012

On 10.4.2012 08:04, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> So if there is the easy installability of proprietary crap like Mozilla
> plugins why aren't also the repositories like RPMforge pre-configured
> automatically?  What is the difference between RPMforge and Mozilla plugins
> database?

a) there is no difference in their content ... neither of them is
controlled by Red Hat or Fedora project, so we cannot be blamed for
whatever there is there,
b) as for linking ... I would think that MoFo (being a US corporation)
is under the same gun as Red Hat is with regards to patents, DMCA and
similar lovely stuff.

And of course, IANALAM.

Matěj