Mozilla plugins packaging [Re: SELinuxDenyPtrace: Write, compile, run, but don't debug applications?]

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 09:32:38 UTC 2012

On 9.4.2012 16:06, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> Wouldn't it be better to package Mozilla plugins in Fedora so that they are
> trusted?  And then disable Firefox plugins downloads the same way as there is
> Firefox updater disabled (--disable-updater) as it would conflict/duplicate
> the rpm packaging of Firefox anyway.

Yes, it would be nice ... except there are so many addons to package
(and some bugs which make it difficult to package Mozilla extensions as
Fedora packages ... I cannot find them ATM in bugzilla.mozilla.org, but
they are there). Observing a problems with maintaining only few Firefox
addons we have already packaged for Fedora, doesn't give me much hope we
can package a reasonable majority of addons Fedora users have installed.

Matěj