RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 23 20:13:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> Because if you have hardware that can install via Anaconda and you don't
> support installing via Anaconda, you're not Fedora.

Just for the sake of argument, our Amazon EC2 images aren't using
Anaconda for installation, but they're still considered part of
Fedora.

I agree with the sentiment that Anaconda should be a requirement for
instances where it makes sense to boot from bootable media
(DVD/CD/USB) and install via Anaconda, but in the case of ARM, the
traditional installation method is often "copy an image to an SD (or
micro-SD) card and then boot from that card.  Just to make sure I'm
clear, are you insisting that the software tool that puts the image on
the SD card be Anaconda, or are you OK with some other Fedora-approved
tool for doing so?

--
Jared Smith