RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 24 19:58:56 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Brian C. Lane <bcl at redhat.com> wrote:
> That's why I recently added EC2 support to livemedia-creator. Since I
> don't have an EC2 account it is untested -- help would be appreciated.

Awesome.  I'll try to check it out in the next week or so.

> We should be able to make images using livemedia-creator -- It needs to
> be run on the target hardware though, currently there is no cross-arch
> support. The last I heard from ARM was that Anaconda wasn't built for
> ARM.

I know the folks up at Seneca have been working on building it for ARM
-- I've been a bit out of the ARM loop the last couple of weeks, so I
don't know the very latest status.  I'll try to find out in tomorrow's
ARM meeting.

> The goal of creating lmc was to use Anaconda's logic for all installs,
> including creating system images or live media.. This will increase
> reliability and cut down on the number of bugs we see because
> livecd-creator really is just a wrapper around a yum chroot install.

Yes, I'm well aware of the goals behind lmc, and I think it's
definitely a better way forward.

--
Jared Smith