Install Fedora Button for LiveCD

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 27 13:58:52 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:
> The whole thing is clearly a mess that needs some high level
> streamlining, from the entire process of download from web page (or
> receive CD from friend) to the on-disk install first boot.

While I certainly wouldn't disagree with this statement, let's not let
perfect get in the way of better here.

What can we do in the *near* term to make it easier for people to find
the "Install to Hard Drive" option from the LiveCD?  I understand that
there are technical reasons why the extension is frowned upon -- but
that shouldn't mean that we do nothing to try to improve the
situation.  I tried not to complain too loudly while I was the FPL,
especially because GNOME Shell was new and had plenty of other things
to focus on.  Now that it's a bit more mature, I'd really like to come
up with a better solution here.

--
Jared Smith