Install Fedora Button for LiveCD

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 14:26:28 UTC 2012

> > but they don't push on any other solutions.
>
> A link from the http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora page directly
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Installation_Quick_Start_Guide/Fedora_Live_Desktop.html
>
> ?

I've spent 5 minutes looking for that direct link and I haven't found it. Maybe I'm just blind. There's a small link for full installation guide, but I see no link for quick start guide, and no link for the page you posted.

Something tells me that if I have never seen it, and couldn't find it even when looking for it, that 99% of new users won't see it as well.

> But having an extension installed by default
> has
> a lot of technical ramifications; for example, it'll also get copied
> the hard disk after you install.  Also, while I'm not an artist or
> designer, I think it looks pretty ugly...

No, it will not get installed, I described that before (maybe just on anaconda-devel).

I don't mean to haggle about it anymore. Just clearing up misconceptions.