Summary/Minutes for Wednesday's FESCo meeting (2012-12-05)

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Dec 7 18:37:50 UTC 2012

Le vendredi 07 décembre 2012 à 18:22 +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon a écrit :
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 04:51:43PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> > On 12/07/2012 04:46 PM, Miloslav Trmač wrote:

> > >Advertising the feature on the _devel_ list is intended precisely to
> > >get feedback from developers of other possibly affected components.
> >
> > Think broader than single announcment to an single mailing list
> > since features more often enough touch more then one part of the
> > community...
>
> So your proposition is??

While I cannot answer for Jóhann, I think a proposal could be to
contact for example QA, as some features will have a huge impact for
them. Contact irc support, as they may have some insight on the common
issue reported by people, etc.

Forcing everybody to be on -devel doesn't scale, that's why there is SIG
and specialized lists. I remember having seen several people being
annoyed of the high volume of list like debian-devel, cooker at mandriva,
and in the end, this didn't helped much the communication.

Christophe Wickert spoke last year about the idea of having a common
gathering ( ie, some kind of inter team council ) for having such
discussion, dubbed the fedora council.
( http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-townhall/2011-11-17/fedora_townhall.2011-11-17-23.13.log.html )

Maybe that could be explored ( ie, that would just be a extension of the
go/no go meeting from a organisational point of view ).

The way this is done for Mageia is to have a weekly irc meeting to talk
about various subjects, but I am not fond of adding more irc meeting.

A "feature" SIG ?
--
Michael