Rolling release Fedora - fantastic idea

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Feb 1 18:35:55 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 13:20:58 -0500,
  Przemek Klosowski <przemek.klosowski at nist.gov> wrote:

> Precisely---but lack of the EOL path sometimes prevents use of
> Fedora in the first place. Jon Vos said elsewhere in this discussion
> that "Fedora is not for long term if updates/security are an issue.
> Period."
>
> I am just trying to explore if there's a way around that.

A lot of people need to step up and do the work. So far no one has been
able to successfully organize a group to do it. And given Fedora is more likely
to attract people who want to run the latest and (hopefully) greatest stuff,
I would expect finding a lot of people who want to support old Fedora releases
is going to be difficult.