/usrmove? -> about the future

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Feb 10 18:02:09 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 08:42 -0900, Jef Spaleta wrote:

> I noticed it wasn't list as a common gotcha on the F15 commons bug
> page that is maintained to handle these sorts of quibbles. Do we allow
> for recognition of the "not supported" upgrade dance in the common
> bugs information as a policy

Yes.

>  or is it the "upgrade path that must not
> be named"?

No.

Anything that people commonly encounter is fodder for commonbugs (though
if it's to do with a third-party package or driver, or something from
RPM Fusion, or Flash, you need to be somewhat careful with wording to
ensure you don't give the impression Fedora 'supports' or 'promotes' any
of those things). Again, it's a wiki page, please do go ahead and add
things to it. I'd much rather not be the only person (or one of the few
people) who edits that page.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey