rawhide/F17 broken dependencies: please stop spamming

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 20:22:56 UTC 2012

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:34:23 +0100, KK (Kevin) wrote:

> The reason insight is
> orphaned in the first place is because of the indiscriminate retiring of its
> dependency (see the mailing list thread announcing the orphaning), the
> maintainer already stated he'll pick it up again if iwidgets is resurrected.
> Looks like a simple solution for a simple problem,

Who wants to take "iwidgets"? And why doesn't the "insight" maintainer
contribute a quick review?
Looks like a simple solution for a simple problem. ;)

> > Is it too easy to create orphans so late in the process?
>
> It's too easy to remove working packages from the distribution. Insight
> would NOT be orphaned if it hadn't been for that. See above.
>
> > Is it too easy to create orphans without telling anyone about it?
>
> He did tell. See the thread he posted about it.

The "iwidgets" maintainer is marked as "inactive" in FAS. Has he announced
leaving the project? Or has he left silently without notifying anyone?
The person's personal Wiki page is unchanged. What has happened to him?
How long has iwidgets been orphaned before pruning of FAS?

--
I've seen the visibly annoyed post about "insight", but it is "iwidgets"
that has been dropped due to lack of maintainer.