Removing SysV Init Scripts

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 22:51:30 UTC 2012

On 01/13/2012 10:39 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> I'm sure someone will correct me if I mis-speak, but I don't think
> your bug is currently valid. There's currently no requirement that you
> convert to systemd, although I would highly recommend it. There was
> some talk about forcing conversion at some point.

I'm not so sure how you figure out that this bug is not valid and how
you come to the conclusion that it's not a requirement to switch to
native systemd units and still shipping legacy sysv init script is
already considered obsolete [1]

"Older versions of Fedora supported SystemV-style initscripts, but they
are now considered obsolete for Fedora 15+."

And since this is the attitude we should be forcing that migration this
release cycle maintainers have already had two full release cycles to
migrate...

JBG

1.http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Systemd