OT: Re: new hardware, more problems

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 10:46:50 UTC 2012

On 24/01/12 06:11, Frederic Muller wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Some may remember I was struggling with my old (but faithful) T60 and
> rawhide because of poor performance and increased heat.

Besides, hw upgrades.
Clean dust, more powerful fan\heatsink, thermal paste
Raise laptop slightly on edges to clear desk, ambient temperature.
Place a quite fan somewhere close by.

You may already have done all below,
if yes, my apologies for repetition.

Whether you run F16 or FX\Rawhide has to be up to you.
But in either case, if it is missing icons, or whatever.

In the case of F16 post to: users list
it could be a simple icon\theme missing.

For tesing\Rawhide post to: test list

In either case say what you have done\tried,
relevant logs.
Are you in a position to run a seriel console.

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded