Rolling release Fedora - fantastic idea

Noah Hall noah.hall at fuduntu.org
Sun Jan 29 23:20:43 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 29.01.2012 23:57, schrieb Noah Hall:
>> Fuduntu is not the best. Neither is Fedora. I, myself, am a Rawhide
>> user. I'd love for Fedora become rolling simply because messing around
>> with preupgrade and reinstalling is oh so tedious and a waste of my
>> time.
>
> why are you doing it instead a yum-upgrade?
> i made some hundret the last yaers so there is no need for reinstall
>
> Why do you think more people are using Ubuntu for development?
>
> *lol* who told you this?
>
> maybe more people using ubuntu in suammy but surely not for development
> why more people are using ubuntu is clear - many people believe they
> can use it like windows with no thoughts at all

Personal experience in both industry and education. You can "lol" all
you want, it doesn't change it's the most used distro. I dislike it
strongly myself, and I'd prefer Fedora to be used as it doesn't have a
very silly lead developer.

> Whatever their reasons might be, Ubuntu being a rolling release distro
> is not one of them. Simply because Ubuntu does not do rolling
> releases ;-)

Indeed, but there's a lot less fuss upgrading Ubuntu from one version
to another. A lot less.