prelink should not mess with running executables

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jul 15 13:50:39 UTC 2012

Am 15.07.2012 15:45, schrieb Jan Kratochvil:
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 16:19:23 +0200, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>> It took me a while to figure out why my daemon kept breaking all the
>> time, when it couldn't stat its /proc/self/exe any more.
>
> This is a bug of the daemon

> On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 16:43:13 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> it should be generally considered if prelink is useful at
>> all on a distribution with high frequently updates
>
> This is a bug of yum
> This is a bug of the intrusion detections software
> This is a bug of cron
> This is a workaround, not a fix

so all other software out there is broken and only
prelink is good with zero benefit?

i did not notice ever any benfit of prelink even by
starting large applications

it is broken by design modify installed/running binaries

remove prelink is NOT a workaround
it is a solution becuase prelink is a "have solution seacrh for problem"