F17 PM Test day late :) recap

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Jul 31 20:35:35 UTC 2012

Adam Williamson wrote:
[large snip]
I hate to snip such a large body, but it will save other eyes from
having to skip past it here.

> Hope that made sense and made things a bit clearer :)

I keep up with the test list (and occasionally enter QA meetings) so I
am familiar with what you are attempting to do with TCMS. My suggestion
was purely generic in nature. In the end I think you still need a wiki
extension to handle the data entry as mediawiki is limited in large
database-like data handling.

For instance: instead of a client app it could be a web app that accepts
test case input from a user and stores it in a database for display on
the corresponding wiki page. The wiki page would have a link on it eg.
"input test data" that would link to the web app.

In any case I'm sure the Smart Minds of RHQA will figure it out. :P