F17 PM Test day late :) recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 20:44:12 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-31 at 15:35 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
> [large snip]
> I hate to snip such a large body, but it will save other eyes from
> having to skip past it here.
>
> > Hope that made sense and made things a bit clearer :)
>
> I keep up with the test list (and occasionally enter QA meetings) so I
> am familiar with what you are attempting to do with TCMS. My suggestion
> was purely generic in nature. In the end I think you still need a wiki
> extension to handle the data entry as mediawiki is limited in large
> database-like data handling.
>
> For instance: instead of a client app it could be a web app that accepts
> test case input from a user and stores it in a database for display on
> the corresponding wiki page. The wiki page would have a link on it eg.
> "input test data" that would link to the web app.
>
> In any case I'm sure the Smart Minds of RHQA will figure it out. :P

A client app to input results into the existing Test Day and release
validation processes might be an interesting place to start, for sure.

There was some discussion back in 2009 of using a mediawiki extension
called semantic to do this, for some test days. IIRC, the Sugar folks
used it that way. See
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2009-September/084628.html . Unfortunately the test implementation isn't there any more.
--
Adam Williamson