*countable infinities only

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jun 1 13:30:49 UTC 2012

drago01 wrote:
> The advantages is that things just work (tm).

They "just work" as long as you don't try to actually exercise one of the
freedoms we stand for. Or even just install an out-of-tree kernel module
such as the ones from RPM Fusion. I don't think this is something we should
endorse, also because our endorsement may entice M$ to change away from the
current situation ("Secure" Boot optional) which is certainly a compromise
in their eyes.

> No one will stop you (or anyone else) from disabling it.

It's as easy as setting an option in the firmware ("BIOS") setup, so I don't
see why we can't just require it from everyone.

        Kevin Kofler