Action required: Rawhide: /tmp is now on tmpfs

Alexey I. Froloff raorn at raorn.name
Fri Jun 1 15:52:14 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 11:31:21AM -0400, Brian Wheeler wrote:
> Well, since I'm probably going to turn it off, can someone give me a
> good reason why it should be turned _on_ by default?  For me, the
> "Benefit to Fedora" bullets are not compelling.
One good reason is to separate /tmp from /.  When choosing
between failed sort and failed passwd (or anything else, that
modifies files in /), both because of "No space left on device"
error I prefer failed sort and working passwd.

And tmpfs is faster than any other filesystem, and easily resized
both ways.

--
Regards,    --
Sir Raorn.   --- http://thousandsofhate.blogspot.com/