3.5.0 kernel problem

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 3 21:38:59 UTC 2012

Josh Boyer <jwboyer <at> gmail.com> writes:

> That sounds like a deltarpm problem.  The kernel-devel package has that
> file in it, and it's a normal file not a symlink or something.  If you
> download the full RPM and install it via RPM (not yum, or disable the
> deltarpm plugin) does it exist?

Yum-presto shouldn't matter since when it sees an error like this, it would
download the full RPM instead, and even if it didn't, if the rebuild
subsequently failed it would download the full RPM after that. It shouldn't be
possible for a corrupted RPM to get into the transaction.

Anyway, I downloaded kernel-devel-3.5.0-0.rc0.git12.1.fc18.x86_64.rpm from Koji
and used yum reinstall on it. After this, the corresponding System.map file
exists, though it didn't before. While doing this, I was running the 3.4.0
non-debug kernel as usual.