*countable infinities only

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 17:11:19 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> You are, and that was being very un-excellent, so please refrain from it
> in future.

I'm left wondering where your concern about being excellent to each
other has been hiding throughout this thread, and where it was when
you made the "Your Majesty" comment to Jay Sulzberger moments after
this post.

> It is never a good idea to assume malice where you can't prove it.

This sounds like a guilty conscience speaking to me. I never claimed
any malice.  I apologize if my message sounded as though I were.

Let me make this more clear:  People in this thread have been saying
that instructions can't be created because the hardware is not
available to the public yet.  However, the people working this stuff
actually do have access to UEFI secureboot hardware. I presumed this
was under NDA, because none of them were stepping up to say "no,
actually I do have the hardware".

The idea that the firmware is complete enough to build and test the
cryptographic lockdown but not complete enough to make write
instructions against simply didn't occur to me.   And with that
thought in mind I think it's even more sad that the Fedora community
isn't focusing primarily on making instructions _now_ while there may
still be an opportunity to encourage making those yet unwritten
interfaces easy and consistent.