*countable infinities only

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Jun 19 16:45:18 UTC 2012

On Jun 19, 2012, at 7:59 AM, Przemek Klosowski wrote:

> And, as if on cue, Microsoft just announced their own ARM tablet. Do you feel that they should leave it open to installing alternative OS?

Apple does not. Although I don't think they're using UEFI on their hardware, the described boot process sounds similar to Secure Boot.

> Would they subsidize its hardware cost like they apparently do with Xboxes, and would your answer change depending on whether they do?

Doesn't matter. And there's no reason for them to subsidize the hardware, just because of a lockout. There's reason for them to subsidize in order to catch up with iOS and Android, however.

Chris Murphy