Default image target size [Was:Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2012-06-18)]

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 17:04:09 UTC 2012

On 06/19/2012 04:19 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> So we'd like to hear from rel-engs, QA etc. what's theirs position
> here.

First and foremost each SIG sets and choose what is on the spin they
ship so if you dont want to ship the bloat that gets added with the
"MiniDebugInfo" then simply don't atleast afaik now there is nothing
forcing spins to ship something that they don't want to.

With my QA hat on I can tell you that we test components that make up
the spin(s) but do not care anything about the size of the spins nor
should we since as I said before that decision should be made/handled by
the SIG since they are the ones creating the spins to suit *their*
target audience as best as they can.

And given that releng is a community service like QA I guess the only
concern they might have if there are enough resources available to host
the spin...

JBG