[HEADS-UP] Rawhide: /tmp is now on tmpfs

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 17:54:44 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tmpfs volumes have a size set as a mount option. The default is half
> the physical ram (not physical ram plus swap). You can change the size
> with a remount. When its full, its full, like any other filesystem

Okay that was what I was missing. Pegging the tmpfs to some percentage
of available ram by default.

Follow up question.. is this value defined at install time or is it
50% of ram as seen at boot up?
If I add or remove ram between boot ups, post-install does the tmpfs
size automatically adjust to 50% of what is available at boot up?

-jef