incompatible upgrade of apache traffic server

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 13:21:42 UTC 2012

On 06/27/2012 12:26 AM, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:

> Looking trough the exceptions lists on
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy#Stable_Releases:
>
> Things that would make it more likely to grant a request:
>
>   * The package is a "leaf" node. Nothing depends on it or requires
>     it. [Applies]
>   * The update doesn't change ABI/API and nothing needs to be rebuilt
>     against the new version [Applies]
>   * The update fixes serious bugs that many fedora users are
>     encountering [Applies, fixes segfault]

I think you can go ahead and update since it fixes a segfault unless you
have the ability to backport the specific fixes and that would not be
too much of a burden.  It is a leaf package.  Since there might be
differing opinions on this, if you want to a conclusive answer, feel
free to file a ticket with FESco.  Thats what I do in case of a dispute
or when I want a second opinion.

Rahul