Space wasted by Non English Packages shipped by Default on Fedora 17.

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jun 25 13:35:02 UTC 2012

Am 25.06.2012 15:27, schrieb Malcolm Turmel:
> Its still taking up valuable space.

clean it up

> All the non-english packages should be optional.

they are

> When I try to remove one of the Package, it tells me its going to also Uninstall lots of other stuff.
> How would I go about now uninstalling all of them without breaking my system.

what about posting the "yum"-output and switch generally to
users-list for this?

i bet there are a lot of non-important packages which would be
removed or you trying to remove exactly the wrong ones

but however, nobody can help ypu if you supress your outputs

it is possible to install a full functional fedora with a KDE desktop,
rpmfusion including VMware and Eclipse with 7.0 GB ussed space by
the system (proven by working daily with this machine for along time)