Automating the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy

Aleksandar Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Fri Mar 2 12:10:18 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

TBH, I was really shocked by the proposal and this was the first thing that came to my mind - let the reporters join instead of throwing out people.

Yes, current package maintainers should get commit rights after a timespan. Probably there is no need to do it for sponsors and provenpackagers as they already can commit.

Well, this is what https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group#Become_a_co-maintainer is for, right? The reporter should find a sponsor to review his patch and sponsor him. If he is unable to fix the issue for another reason this is out of scope for this talk because throwing out the maintainer wouldn't help the reporter for sure.

> And does the bug-reporter get his right revoked after a time
> (automatically?)
No need.

Alex