Automating the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:34:10 UTC 2012

On 03/02/2012 12:27 PM, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
> Well, Fedora ships packages. I might be stupid but would someone please explain me how can one deliver fixed/improved packages to users without do at least a bit of packaging work. I don't see a way this to happen.

Spec files are no rocket science and the process for them is heavily
backed up by FPG.

One way to achieve that would be that one could do so by becoming proven
packager through some kind of mentoring process ( which does not exist
btw ) I would think.

Atleast I would think you would have to first complete that step then
proceed into being allowed to actually patch the actual source of the
component.

JBG