Automating the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy

Aleksandar Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Fri Mar 2 12:41:48 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Sure spec files are no rocket science, it's not the format and syntax but the content that matters.

> One way to achieve that would be that one could do so by becoming
> proven
> packager through some kind of mentoring process ( which does not
> exist
> btw ) I would think.

Hmm, proven packagers are still packagers aren't they? I thought you were asking about someone fixing things without being packager.

> Atleast I would think you would have to first complete that step then
> proceed into being allowed to actually patch the actual source of the
> component.

Nope, if you are a packager already and you have a unit file you want to push in my package just ask me about commit rights via pkgdb and a mail explaining it and I'll definetely approve your request and I'm pretty sure that a number of packagers will do that too.

Alex