FC17alpha, evolution, ati card, kernel 3.3.0-rc6 and me going crazy...

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 07:42:26 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 22:56 -0500, Peter A wrote:
> The issue effects only Evolution it seems - all other software I tried
> works fine (that's anything from firefox to libreoffice to gimp to
> ancient stuff like xv from an rpm built in 99). My desktop is KDE with
> OpenGL rendering but most effects turned off.
>
> The issue results in the tree menu showing the mail boxes on the left
> being shifted about 75px up. However, the cursor location (e.g.
> highlighted folder when drag and drop) is what the screen should be. In
> other words, I need to move the cursor about 75px further down to select
> the correct folder. I wanted to talk to some friends about this so I
> took a screenshot - and the screenshot shows up perfect.
> (http://www.loonybin.org/evo1.jpg) However, if I do a screengrab of the
> root window, the corruption is visible.
> (http://www.loonybin.org/evo2.jpg). Both screenshots were taken less
> than a second apart with import.
>
> So who do you think the problem lies with?

	Hi,
I've no idea on the issue itself, but I'm wondering whether you can
reproduce this in gtk3-demo too. I'm asking, because the folder tree is
a descendant of the standard GtkTreeView, with no extra drawing, thus,
if it's not caused by something in evolution itself, which I doubt same
as you do, then the issue should be reproducible with gtk3-demo too. The
gtk3-demo executable is part of gtk3-devel. There is a tree view on its
main page, same as three tree view demos. Maybe this is related to a
fact that the table headers are hidden in evolution.
	Bye,
	Milan