[fedora-java] Roadmap for Java things in Fedora

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Fri Mar 9 09:58:39 UTC 2012

Quoting Garrett Holmstrom (2012-03-08 23:11:26)
>On Mar 7, 2012 7:54 AM, "Stanislav Ochotnicky" <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
>wrote:
>>  - Remove mention of maven2 in guidelines since all supported versions
>>    have maven-3.x. Some other small cleanups as well perhaps
>
>Is there already a separate set of java guidelines for EPEL? If there isn't
>does this mean we should create them?

I am not sure why maven2 part peaked your interest with regards to EPEL.
Maven 2 is not present there at all. There is in fact very little Java
world in EPEL and if someone wants to change that: Great! But heed my
warning: Unless you are one-man-packaging-army, you'll end up crazy old
man/woman before packaging anything useful.

As far as I am concerned: EPEL follows Fedora guidelines that existed at
the time when RHEL was branched off Fedora. So it might make sense to
freeze them in some state somewhere for posterity I guess, but I
wouldn't touch them (much)

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>

PGP: 7B087241