[Test-Announce] Test Day 2012-03-15: GNOME Shell and Extensions

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 12 23:36:03 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 11:07 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> I know this should most likely be directed at upstream Gnome, but would
> it be possible to redesign extensions.gnome.org so that it's... usable?
> I mean, it's a list of extensions, ten to a page, ordered by popularity,
> name or number of downloads.
>
> Would it be so hard to add tags or categories of functionality? Right
> now, I have to read through fourteen pages (and growing!) to get any
> idea of whether an extension happens to provide a feature I might want.
>
> I like gnome-shell, and I'd like to tweak it a little bit to fit my
> needs better. But the extension website is so difficult to navigate that
> it's really a deterrent. It will only get worse as people continue to
> write new extensions (which, because of the default ordering of
> "popularity" will always show up in the later pages of the site first).

Thanks for the feedback.

We have recently added search to the website, and some other
improvements may still land before we remove the 'alpha' label from it.

If you want to report your problem in more detail, feel free to go to
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=website&component=extensions.gnome.org
- or just walk by Jaspers desk.

Matthias